Because of all the different cultures, populations, the caste system, differences between urban and rural areas, extreme poverty and a rich past India is a country full of contradictions. A visit to the country is almost always intense. It is perhaps the most outer-worldly country to be found on earth. Of course there are tribes and populations that seem to be further away from our way of living, but none has such a complex and different historical, architectural, cultural and visual richness as India.
Besides that there is the difference in landscapes ranging from the Kerala coastline to the plains of the Ganges to the deserts of Rajasthan and to the Himalayan plateau. These and more habitats have resulted in a diversity of the population that gives the country yet another dimension.
Select an album, click on a thumbnail to enlarge and navigate with the controls on the upper right corner or with the left/right arrow keys. On a tablet use the menu or click again and swipe.
- Wikitravels A wealth of info
- Indiatourism Inspiration and practical info
- Best Time To Visit India From the BookMundi India Travel Guide
- Startpagina India
- Reishonger India Voor meer verhalen
- Indiatourism-NL Inspiratie en praktische info
- Warm welkom in Delhi Over hotels en taxichauffeurs
- Engelse wijn. Over besnorde mannen en mangosap